Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Big Day

Ok, so tomorrow is the "Big Day ", it's when I go in for my amniocintisis and possible admittence in the hospital to have the baby. To tall you the truth I thought I'd be a little more scared or nervous, but I'm not at all. I'm excited! I want to have this baby. I want her to be safe, healthy, and happy. I am going to get a blessing tonight for her and I, that we will both make it through just fine. I know we will, because the Lord keeps assuring me, but one more blessing never hurts.

Love to All

Monday, April 7, 2008

The Latest

So here is the latest update for all to read. For all those that I talked to, I was mistaken in the Rh level, it is not 28, it is 128, which is much higher and is why they are not going to stop my contractions. So basically if I go into labor any time soon they won't stop it from happening. If I don't have the baby before the 16th they will do an amniocintisis checking for hydrops (http://www.healthsystem.virginia.edu/uvahealth/peds_hrnewborn/hydrops.cfm ) and an NST immediatly afterwards, and they will induce labor at the latest by the 19th.

So we will have a baby soon, within the next couple weeks. It's scary but at the same time I am very relieved. I want this little one out, and I think the sooner the better. All the ultrasounds and NSTs that have been done show that she is doing really well, and I want it to stay that way.

If you get a chance, read the info from the link above, it explains alot. And the reasons I want her out ASAP. I am glad the doctor agrees, but I almost wish we could do all that this week. Oh well, I will just have to be patient and rest, and maybe walk some too, to see if we can get those contractions to come a little more :).

Saturday, April 5, 2008

35 weeks aand counting

So I don't know what my RhE levels are, but most likely I'll find out on Monday (unless they messed up again). Here is what I do know: I see the specialist on Mondays to get a BPP/Doppler Ultrasound - this is basically a more detailed ultrasound that can track the baby's blood flow and also measure the amounts of fluid in the uterus. On Wednesdays I go in to my OB/GYN to have an NST (non-stress test), an ultrasound, and to see my Doc. The NST is for monitoring the baby's heart rate to make sure she is doing ok and to see if she can be active and still not show signs of stress. It also monitors any contractions I may have. Then on Saturdays I go in to the Hospital to have another NST done.

So today was my first hospital visit, and the baby did great, but I seem to be contracting. The contractions were 5 min apart, this is bad considering the baby needs to stay inside at least for another week until I get past my 36 week mark. So they gave me a shot of tributilene to stop the cantractions and hope it holds off until monday so I can tell one of my doctors and he can perscribe the pill form for me. They also put me on light bed rest for the rest of the week. How I am supposed to make that happen we'll never know. I set up with the women in my ward to take care of the boys for a couple of hours a day so hopefully that will be enough.

I hope to give a better update on Monday of what they have said concerning the RhE, but I guess we will see.

Love to all, and thank you so much for your prayers.