Sunday, July 11, 2010

What's up with me?

What to say, what to say!

It's been a crazy month to be sure!

First, the kids and I went and visited my Grandparents for a combined birthday party/family reunion weekend. They asked me to make the cakes so we went up early. Good thing too, but due to poor planning, I ran low on icing and had to stretch it. They turned out ok looking, but thankfully they tasted great! I loved seeing all my family that came, but was sad 'cause my kids got sick and had a rough time, therefore I had a rough time. Some of my family said I needed therapy, which I might, and some just talked about us to other people, instead of telling me their concerns. Typical. Oh well.

Second, our primary had it's summer activity. It was about being active and healthy, mind, body and spirit. I was in charge of the healthy eating portion. Funny, because I have to watch my diet so closely, it was perfect. Although I didn't feel well that morning and was late getting there, we still made it and the kids loved it.

Third, a trip to visit my brother Marc, his wife Candace, and baby Corgan in Toledo, Ohio! Loved the time I was able to spend with them, and glad I was able to witness his blessing. I was all by my lonesome on this trip, no kids or hubby :( but I did have my sister Alisha, my brother Brant, and my Mom and Dad, and of course Marc and Candace and Corgan. It is a beautiful place, very green, but very humid. Alisha and I took a rental to Chicago from Toledo. Beautiful!!! I would love to live out there, of course where it's less humid. Oh the green and all the trees, and all that grass!! Just lovely!

Fourth, the Fourth, of July that is! Could have been better. I responded to family member who was upset with us and should have let it be. That is all I will say about that.

Fifth, Surgery. Not ever my favorite thing, I can't understand people who get addicted to this stuff. Grant it, mine was not cosmetic, but still having your body cut up for looks?! Anyway, they said I did great, and the baby did great, and as soon as I woke up they sent me home. Personally, considering my condition, I think they should have kept me in another day. I did what they said, and only had liquids. I threw that up, and continued to do so for the whole next day. I may have been able to keep a few spoonfuls of soup down in the begining, but everything else came right back up, medicine and all. It was very painful, to say the least. We went back to the ER and they put me on fluids and pain meds and anti-nausua meds, and sent me home with a perscription for the nausua medication (bless you!). I am still in a little pain, but being able to keep my food down really makes a difference. I am now looking forward to being able to eat things like pizza and hamburgers and frys, not over-doing it of course, I still have to watch my diet for my diabetes.

What I am looking forward to...

...August. A family trip to Bloomfield, and a trip to DC, with just my hubby! We have been saving for these trips and I am so excited to finally be able to go on them.

Also, we get to find out what we are having at the end of this month!!!


CANDACE said...

Loved having you out! Thanks so much for coming! So glad surgery went well & you & baby are well! xoxoxo

Alisha said...

What a busy girl you are! I'm glad you are feeling better. I love you!

DSigns said...

I'm glad your surgery went well. I guess I didn't know about you being pregnant... so CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Please post when you find out what baby is.

briannewalsh said...

i love you!! you are so brave and strong! can't wait to know if your baby is a boy or a girl!! and i hope you feel better soon.

Life in the circus said...

I can't wait to see you! Im glad you got things sorted out and are feeling better. Take it easy and don't work yourself too hard. I love you!