Thursday, January 31, 2008

Double Blah

So thankfully we are all over the stomach flu and the head colds + ear infections. I will tell you they are no fun, the worst is being thrown up on over and over. I had to cancel hair appointments, and take a trip to the urgent care, (with both boys on a Sunday) for the ear infection. Thankfully all that is over now and I get to deal with two rambunctious little boys who have a hard time listening to me.

In other news...the results came back for my three hour glucose test, and as I expected, three out of four tests were high. So, I am officially a gestational diabetic. Which means a strict diet of low to no sugar, low carbs and starches, and low fruit. I can have more vegetables, and protein, and some fat (the healthy kind, like extra virgin olive oil). So I'll be extra healthy, other than my body not being able to regulate my sugar intake, because it's not producing enough insulin. Blah, and double blah. any how, I should be used to it, but I really hope that after I am done having babies (maybe one more after this one) that it goes away forever...

...but I seriously doubt it.

2 comments:

felicia said...

glad your boys are better! and, sorry about you! i can't stand that test! Hugs to you!

Koi said...

well that stinks! sorry. My cousins never went away and now she is insulin dependent. I hope that's not the case with you.