Friday, September 26, 2008

Right under our noses!

It happened AGAIN!!




My poor couch is getting some miles on it and it has been in our family for only a short time.
If you are wondering, or can't see in the picture, child #2 stuck again! This time it was with a pen! Right under our noses!

So let me break it down for you:
Husband comes home to wonderful wife (cooking dinner) and beautiful, but mischievous, children.
Gives love all around.
Comes to tell me about his day and all about the financial crisis that our nation is in. While doing so decides to record the Presidents address to the Nation on such crisis. Upon doing so, looks over to discover previous offender (Kaleb) between the couches scribbling on the couch WITH A PEN!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
What happened, we were right there the whole time! How did we not see him?!
At first all we saw was a tiny mark, no biggie, we can hide that, right?
I know my son better than that. I continue to look at the couches.
John asks: "what are you doing?"
Me: "looking for more, I'm sure there's more."
Sure enough, same couch as last time, blue ink scribbles ALL OVER the couch!
WHY?!?
Oh never mind, why, how do we get it out. Go get "my new best friend", it's at Alisha's.
So while John was out fetching the little green, and Kaleb was in time out, I felt a little tug to Google "how to get ink out of furniture." The first site that popped up was Ink on Microfiber Furniture at http://www.thriftyfun.com.
AWESOME!
So what did it say?
Rubbing Alcohol.
So I find our rubbing alcohol, stored neatly above the stove, and a wash cloth, and go at it.
IT WORKS!!!
It was so easy, it came right up.
Thank you for the prompting, and thank you Internet, without you I would be questioning our purchase of the mess-resistant microfiber furniture. Which certainly is being put to the test, as well as my patience.
Another note:
Thankfully, I was done cooking dinner and didn't forget to turn it off, or we may have had a "strike two" to add to my blog.
Oh and we finally let Kaleb out of time out, much to his relief, I'm sure. I tell ya I was prepared to leave him there all night.



Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Colleen said...

Microfiber is seriously the best. I've gotten red ink and sticky goo off of our couches with JUST WATER. Best purchase ever.

Mama Nut said...

I'm so glad to know this good news about microfiber! We have been debating a living room set at Ashley Furniture that is microfiber but we had microfiber dining room chairs and I hated how dirty they always looked so I finally recovered them in a faux wipe-off leather. We were going to bite the bullet and just buy the leather furniture, but if microfiber really does clean up, maybe we'll go with it!

Carolyn said...

Malia got black ink pen on our love seat a while back and I still haven't got it out. Too bad we don't have mircofiber! What would we do without out our little ones.

Life in the circus said...

holy cow! that kid! hes just like Auralee. we should never leave them alone together. im so glad you got everything out. :)